Over the past year we have grown as a company and have had the pleasure of working with some of the best rising brands in their sectors such as Loc8me, Candy Kittens and ALTIS. It’s been an absolute blast.
Because of this growth we are looking for a new, young Graduate Front End Developer to join the team and start their career in the industry.
Joining the team will give you some great opportunities to apply and develop your front end skills at a company that truly values ideas and opinions from the whole team. We are a great group of talented individuals with a wide range of interests and skill sets. We are driven to help all our clients achieve as much success as possible. We care and hope you will too. Clients pay wages and become friends, it’s awesome.
If the job sounds like something that you would enjoy, great… please take some time to read over the spec below and get in contact if you think this would be a good fit.
- Show a high level of engagement in projects during the planning, building and delivery phases
- Help organise and take part in kick-off meeting workshops with clients to fully understand their business and the scope of the project
- The ability to be client facing through tools such as Slack / Trello to keep clients up-to-date and manage expectations
- Work closely with our designers & developers to help craft designs built-in Photoshop / Sketch into high-quality websites
- Creation of semantic front-end code
- Mindful of page performance and ways to enrich a user experience either directly or through perceived techniques
- Excellent implementation of HTML / CSS / SCSS
- Convert cutting-edge designs into fully responsive websites
- Build cross-browser compatible code with knowledge of issues and ways to work issues
- Be able to write JS using the latest ES6 / 7 standards
- Basic understanding of PHP using loops and echo statements
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- Knowledge of working with Version Control Systems, we use Git
- An understanding of different testing methodologies and how to write testable code
- Familiarity with software engineering practices such as test-driven development and continuous integration
- Experience in performance optimisation using tools
- Understand how to write DRY code which is flexible and re-usable from project to project
This would make you super badass
- Worked with either Shopify / Magento / Woocommerce platforms
- Worked with WordPress as a CMS tool
- Handle writing AJAX requests to query various third-party API’s
- Have worked with the following JS frameworks: React.js / Angular / Jquery as well as being able to identify the good third-party packages for a given task
- Experience with other JS frameworks such as Redux / Ember
- Knowledge working with Bourbon / Neat SCSS frameworks
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays & your Birthday)
- Regular socials and activities
- More coffee/tea than any one person can consume (except maybe Pete)
- Pension Scheme
- Professional Development to help you grow your role within the company
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] including a link to your portfolio/examples of your work along with details about yourself, your experience and what sort of projects you enjoy. If you have a CV great, send it along, but it’s not essential.
We look forward to hearing from you.